A beginners guide to swords, their history, function, myth and how to buy one suited to your purpose without being ripped off.
This is the re-edit of Ep#3 with the terrible pause, belch and mucked up dialogue removed! Terribly sorry about that if you heard the first version. Although I had a giggle at my idiocy I am sure many others did not. The idiocy at the end of the show however is intentional!
- Who are you calling short!?!
- The Templars were absolved of heresy!
- From 1962 to 1982 Look and Learn Magazine entertained and educated children and adults alike with wonderfully illustrated publications www.lookandlearn.com
- Art, cartoons and scary stories! www.biteycastle.com is the address and if you want a comical medieval fix check out his short entitled “Marauder.
- Wikipedia vs Islam
- Shakespeare and Tudors
- The Original Reenactor's Market in the UK March 14, 15 and 16, held at the Sports Connection in Ryton on Dunsmore in Warwickshire http://www.reenactorsmarket.co.uk/
- The Crusades Easter Gathering www.danelaw.org.au
- History Alive at Fort Lytton, Brisbane, Australia is on June 7th and 8th with Living History displays covering 2000 years of history. www.historyalive.org.au
- Abbey Medieval Festival is a weeklong event culminating in a two day fair and tournament. It is in Caboolture, Qld 30mins from the CBD of Brisbane from July 5th to 13th. www.abbeytournament.com , for more details including their banquet.
The Sword it’s history, function and busted myths!
http://www.thearma.org/essays/How_Were_Swords_Made.htm where they have a detailed article on the topic of how swords were made in the middle ages
Katanas vs European swords www.thearma.org/essays/knightvs has an in depth article on this subject
Right Click here to Download an MP3 of ATM#3
Click on play to stream the Episode
Post a Comment